The Mikki Pup-Pee Pad has been designed with unique colour change technology which identifies when the pad needs to be replaced, making it easier to use. It is also scented to help your puppy find the pad easily.
The micro channels with moisture pockets and triple layer of Super Absorbent Polymer for maximum absorbent protection. It also helps prevent leaking to protect floors and carpets. The pad has 4 sticky corners which are non-slip and help secure it in place, leaving your house mess-free!
The Mikki Pup-Pee Pads can be used with puppies that are too young to be taken outdoors at approximately 8 weeks old.
- Choose a designated place to house train your puppy. It should always be accessible but away from his bed and food.
- Place the pad on the floor with the plastic side down and the tissue side up, using the adhesive strips to secure the pad to the floor.
- After meals, playtimes, and before/after sleeping, lead your puppy onto the pad so he begins to make an association with the pad’s location and scent.
- If your puppy doesn’t relieve himself, allow him to move away. After a few minutes lead him back to the pad and encourage him again.
- When your puppy uses the pad, use an associated word such as “Wee-Wees” exactly at the same time he is doing the action. Praise him enthusiastically with your voice “good dog” and/or a treat after he has finished.
- The pad will change colour once it has been used – this tells you when to change it. Repeat steps 3 to 5 frequently during the first few days. If you spot him getting ready to go, say “no” and lead him to the pad. If you discover an accident, just quietly clear away the mess using odour remover to eliminate the smell. When you are ready, encourage him to go outside using the command word you introduced early on (Wee-Wees).
* Mikki Pup-Pee Pads are ideal protection for the car if your dog/puppy suffers from travel sickness or is a nervous traveller
Pad size: 22″ x 23″ / 55.9cm x 58.4cm